Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sigh of relief

The paper, she is wrote. The tests, they be taken.

For the past two days I have been running errands at a leisurely pace, cleaning up the mess in my room and in my brain, and seeing nearby friends. A good way to lead up to the holidays.

Also for the past two days, I have been watching Firefly episodes and mourning the fact that there are only 14 episodes in the series to obsess over (curse you, Fox, for canceling the series way back in 2003!). As infinitely weird as the wild west/space cowboy/soap opera combo is, it works. Damn you, Joss Whedon, for delivering another quality TV show with compelling storylines, intriging characters, and really, really good special effects! You see, way back when hk was a tadpole right out of college, she and her friends gathered each week to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and talk trash about the outfits Sarah Michelle Gellar wore on the show. hk actually had to stop going to those weekly watchings, because she has a very wide obsessive streak, and she was getting way too sucked into the show. She had Buffy on the brain, you see, and it was too distracting. And now she's got Firefly on the brain. Thanks, Joss Whedon. You suck. By which I mean, your creative talents should be MINE.

Firefly collateral damage: I've also developed an embarrassing full-blown crush on the lead actor, Nathan Fillion. (Hey, at least he's age-appropriate.) Nathan! Sweetpea! Shine those baby blues in my direction!

(By the way, Stephen Colbert, that doesn't mean I'm still not yours, now and forever. Still waiting by the phone for you to call too, honeypie.)

As most of you know, I'm not spending the holidays with the fam. Instead, I leave on Christmas day for parts far flung and undeveloped -- specifically, Ethiopia, with The Ringleted One. It's gonna be life-changing, I can feel it. I'm looking forward to seeing my life for what it is.