Thursday, May 04, 2006

Studying

We interrupt this, the 2nd day of studying, for these important announcements:

- Stephen Colbert is my new boyfriend!

I know people have been saying that his speech at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner last week wasn't funny, and yes, it was about 10 minutes too long, but daaaaamn, the man has got some major cojones. And it did have some really, really funny moments, such as:
"I stand by this man. I stand by this man because he stands for things. Not only for things, he stands on things. Things like aircraft carriers and rubble and recently flooded city squares. And that sends a strong message, that no matter what happens to America, she will always rebound -- with the most powerfully staged photo ops in the world."

This, while looking straight at the Prez. hk *hearts* sc.

- I am psychic. I kid you not. On my birthday, I got an email from Will's Dad, and so I holla'd back, what's up, how's it going, hey, I have this spooky sixth sense feeling that another baby's on the way for you guys. Lo and behold, yesterday Will's Dad emails that Will's Mom is preggers, and was when I emailed -- even though they didn't know it! Congrats to Will's Mom and Dad -- lots more health, happiness and joy to come.

- I put out a bunch of fires:
Friday: I had the depo (whoo!)
Saturday: morning I made a toast at the 25th Anniversary event of Student Org #1

Saturday night: on a whim, went with Junebug to her house in Providence
Sunday: wrote draft of history paper to turn in, while eating Junebug's food
Monday: I co-presented about Student Org #1 to our Advisory Board
Tuesday: well, on Tuesday, I flopped onto my bed after class and read the Curtis Sittenfeld book Prep, which majorly depressed me (more on that in an upcoming post)


- I need to get back to Equal Protection.