Monday, December 19, 2005

Was it really only 3 days ago that I had my lunch with Not-Gay Boyfriend? I've gone through so many ups and downs about that since then that it seems like a million years.

It also seems like a million years since I started studying for finals, which has essentially been nonstop since Dec. 10. I guess that's not too long. You can put up with almost anything for 10 days, right? But I am pretty tired, and this damn take-home essay for evidence is showing the effect of a week and a half of 12 to 15-hour days in the library. Dear god, I just want it to be over.

And when the finals are over, the wait for January begins. January: the time Not-Gay Boyfriend suggested we "definitely get together again." As I plaintively said to Mr. Rocks and Joiner, "I think he's really cool, and I want him to like me." Infatuation is so damaging to one's ego.

Enough! Back to the accuracy of jury trials in the following cases:
(a) patent infringement with counterclaim asserting patent invalidity of an in-vitro test for allergy;
(b) criminal prosecution for assault by an estranged husband on his estranged wife arising out of an argument over possession of the keys to the family car;
(c) medical malpractice claim against an obstetrician alleging failure to adequately monitor fetal heartbeat resulting in still birth;
(d) products liability case against manufacturer of Vioxx asserting negligent failure to warn by P who suffered non-fatal heart attack after taking Vioxx for 6 months;
(e) personal injury case based on automobile accident on the corner of Wood and Vale Streets;
(f) civil antitrust complaint by small toothpick company against large wood product manufacturer alleging monopolization of the market for wood toothpicks.

(Now you know why I suffer.)