Friday, December 09, 2005

Dates: Ex Ante and Ex Poste

Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow! What is Christmas with noooooo snooooooow....?

Lots of snow coming down. Songs from "White Christmas." Sorry.

So I'm still ridiculously happy about the prospect of lunch with Not-Gay Boyfriend next week. MattSal, whom I called for the guy perspective on this, advised, "I wouldn't put labels on it. That just leads to expectations, which can be disappointed. But he definitely is interested in spending more time with you."

Hee! I jump up and down like a little kid.

As for the Bulgarian real estate agent -- I had a beer with him last night, and he is quite extraordinary: classic job-jumping, ladder-climbing, English-learning immigrant story. But I just wasn't interested, so I did a very grown-up thing: I told him so. And he seemed all right with it.

Although then we again sucked face in the parking lot for half an hour.

Whereupon he said, "I'm confused."

Which led to a discussion of NSA (no strings attached) relationships, and me saying that I thought it was a bad idea, since someone always gets hurt, and unfair to the person with more feelings.

Whereupon he argued, "But it's not unfair to me, because you've already told me that you're not interested."

Which was funny.

And so, he's going to call again. And I may not return his call. But it was all very warm and funny.