Sunday, December 11, 2005

Into my 9th hour in this library chair, and getting mighty sick of it, especially after 12 hours in one yesterday. Eh. There's less stress around this exams period, with the familiarity of it all and the knowledge that I have a firm job pretty much in the kitty and the fact that my first one isn't til Thursday, but the nitty gritty of going through my reading notes and class notes hasn't changed.

I studied until 5 pm in the undergrad library yesterday, which was more airy and less stressful than the Crimson law library, though I actually didn't get much done there, having gone on a lunch date for a couple hours. If by "date" you mean a friendly getting-to-know-ya meal together, with little or no romance. At least, I think.

It was good, though, very comfortable, as if we'd known each other a long time already. You know sometimes when you meet a person and you immediately start treating each other like old friends? For some reason, you trust the other person and don't put them up to the usual ... tests, for lack of better word, for determining whether you can confide in them. It's the exact opposite thing I have with Mr. Destroyer, with whom I have an odd intimacy but little trust.

Squashman is a KA guy in my hall who was out of school for longer than I was before coming to law school, which made for an immediate feeling of comradeship. He takes photos (had an old manual Leica out at lunch, in fact), cooks a mean curry, and likes writing. All good. I hope we become friends.

And so the lunch date may not have been a date, but to correct for that, I now have a date with a tadpole in the bio grad program, Thursday after my exam. Thus -- the most social week ever. All while studying for exams! (And it didn't take too long, either.)

Now. Back to personality testing and the possible claims you can bring as an employee to avoid them.