Friday, September 30, 2005

I keep thinking that I DO have enough time to read for classes. Not this half-ass, read-the-first-part-of-the-assignment crap I've been pulling so far, but really sitting down and reading the stuff and thinking about it so that I could participate in the classes where there are discussions.

I mean, I have no plans tonight, for example (though it seems pretty lame to spend Friday night reading, say, Evidence), and last night, instead of watching 4 hours of TV in Joiner's room (while she was at a party!), I could have read all of my Legal History assignment instead of the half I read this morning.

My theory is that even though each interview equals about 3-3.5 hours of work (all told: researching firm; getting showered, dressed, etc., walking over to the hotel, interviewing, chatting with associates afterward), the psychic toll of being cheerful and clever and just-playful-enough-but-not-disrespectful is the problem. Having to impress people.

As I mentioned to Mr. Def last week, I'm at the age now where my friends should be able to hire me. So this bright-eyed hopeful thing isn't fitting too well. I just want to tell the interviewers: "Let's cut the bullshit, Mr. Man! My transcript says I'm at the cut-off point for grades, I'm clearly able to dress and groom myself, and I can do the chit-chat well enough -- what else do you need? That's what I thought. Byee!"

In other, completely non sequitur news: this morning,I finally finished the Thai food left over from Student Org #1 training last Sunday. There was a huge container of it left, so I volunteered to bring it home (just as I volunteered to take the two ENTIRE pizzas left over from Student Org #1 interviews 2 weeks ago). Ugh. I will not be able to eat mango curry chicken for a long, long time.