Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Swamped.

Interviews for Student Org #1 yesterday, today and tomorrow, from 6-10 pm. Joiner's birthday today. Firm interview on Thursday, 2 firms on Friday (must do research for all of them, and print resume and references on nice paper, BUY said nice paper, copy writing sample, and -- oh yes, get myself in that Eye of the Tiger mood so that I can cause my interviewers' heads to explode).

Have been trying to keep up with reading, but will soon have to make some choices, because I cannot go into my Thursday interview on 5 hours of sleep a night. My 1-credit accounting class is taking up mondo time. It's like I see the words on the paper and my mind automatically shuts off. The prof speaks, and I hear nothing, just see his lips moving.

The weekend provides no relief -- Friday night I must get ready for Student Org #2 Training on Saturday, because I am co-leading my group's session, and I am supposed to be teaching a module for Student Org #1 Training on Sunday, but I think I'll have to back out, because I'll have no time to review the training manual.

And then next week contains 7 firm interviews, which means 7 hours of research. And then the second training session for Org #2, and then another week of interviews, and then the second training session for Org #1, and then another week of interviews, and then I collapse on my bed and stay there until call-back interviews (last week of October, roughly 1.5 weeks after my last on-campus interview). And then I really just stay in bed for the rest of the semester.

I think I may have to go back on cigs soon.

Did have a couple nice conversations with friends this past weekend, including Double M, who's having a bit of a hard time of late. She gave me some rather helpful advice re: Friend, though: "Steel your heart" [against his mixed messages of "I adore you and worship you!" and "I don't want to date you!"]. Apparently this sort of behavior isn't unique to Friend. I just haven't come across it before.

Upon hearing some of the kinds of things Friend says, Double M said she was angry on my behalf, which was echoed by Joiner last night. "I was getting angry on your behalf last year," Joiner said, and followed with: "I mean, who does he think he is? You could do so much better." Hee! I don't take Friend's behavior as a serious affront, but it does have a dampening effect on my life sometimes. Perhaps I should get up in arms. It'll have to wait until mid-October, though.