Friday, March 18, 2005

Laryngitis and possible bronchitis. Dee-liteful. (Though admittedly, the hypochondriac that is me is pretty damned pleased.)

I had a mini-drama with Friend last night because you know, the flirting don't stop, even when both parties have AGREED that nothing is going to happen. Both parties seem to have zero control over selves. which makes this party decidedly un-joyed at self and Friend. Hence, mini-drama. Which everyone needs from time to time, I admit.

So after that, I finally settled down to work on my moot court brief, which despite J1 not coming to town, I had not started revising. So from midnight to 4, I worked on that and got some decent stuff out. Anything to do with writing, I like, even when it's a fake appellate brief about internet defamation.

Woke up at 8 for no particular reason except that my body wants to hurt me.

Went to health services at 2:15, was told to come back and see a doctor at 3:20. Went to see doctor at 3:20 and was given a prescription for antibiotics (again, hypochondriatic hk very pleased).

Agonized and paced and fretted for a couple hours about where to go for the summer. Hawaii is out -- the job I'd be doing seems boring. So it's down to a legal services organization in Alaska that focuses on native communities, and a nonprofit in Cambodia that runs legal training programs for Cambodian officials. Have been going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Got some good advice from various folks. Gonna sleep on it.

Speaking of which, must sleep. Nyquil plus 4 hours of sleep plus laryngitis and possible bronchitis = zzzzzzz.

(Possible bronchitis! Whee!)