Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Heh heh. Tonight I convinced my neighbor to hold his weekly poker game in my old room down the hall instead of across the hall from my current room. Loud Midwestern boy helped in the convincing and then gave me a smile and a handshake as he said, "I've got your back." Nice, but could you also get my back the three times a week you wake me up with your loudness? The two girls also in proximity to the usual poker room also gave me high-fives and encouraging sort of "You go!"s and "Way to assert yourself!"s. Odd. Nice, but odd. Perhaps my long-suffering visage, seen in the halls at 2, 3, 4 in the morning on various days has had an effect.

Anyway, am perfecting my sphere of silence. Heh heh. And yay.

Talked to Stave today, which was a lovely surprise. Otherwise, have been inside my room all day doing the crim midterm and torts reading and worrying about how the hell I'm going to pump out a decent final draft of my paper on Paternalism (the topic that won't ever, EVER go away -- die, Paternalism, DIE!) for my elective.

Well, seeing as I skipped both classes today, I suppose I can skip two classes tomorrow too. Besides, Stave said I could. And also, since Famous Minority Professor (for my elective) has a no extensions policy, I figure I have a right to skip her class. I mean, damn, look at my past two weeks:
Last Monday, 2/21: 15-page moot court brief due. 8- to 10-page stupid paternalism paper draft due
Monday night: edit Paternalism lesson plan
Wednesday, 2/23: lesson plan shredded apart by Famous Minority Professor
Wednesday night: exhaustedly revise lesson plan 12 hours before class
Thursday, 2/24: lead class
Thursday night: read and comment on someone else's stupid Paternalism paper
Also Thursday night: end of "All Paternalism, All the Time!" week. Secretly vow to do some brain surgery and excise the part where the Paternalism files are cowering

But then:
Thursday night: get sick
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: move rooms, be sick
Monday: catch up on crim reading so I can do stupid crim midterm
Tuesday: give up on revising my worse-than-crappy moot court brief before meeting with my legal writing instructor
Tuesday night: meet with legal writing instructor. Start crim midterm
Wednesday: skip all classes to do crim midterm and reading for torts

And now it's freakin' Wednesday night and I have not starting rewriting the elective paper. Oh, and I asked for an extension but Famous Minority Professor only gives 'em in emergencies. So...aaaarrrrggggh. See also, damn. See also, SO SCREWED. And for further exploration of the topic, see DIE PATERNALISM DIE.

Must. Go. Write. Stupid. Freakin'. Paper. Oof.