Monday, February 28, 2005

My group led class discussion on Thursday and it went well. People have a lot to say about paternalism. Unlike me.

On Friday, Miss D paid a visit to Crimson City to see her 10-year-old cousin-in-law play the violin in concert at the New England Conservatory. I was fortunate enough to accompany her, and unfortunate enough to be suffering from a violent head cold at the time. Miss D stayed with me at the dorm, which amused her, I think. We had crepes on Saturday morning before she left for the wilds of NYC again. Good times.

Pushed to the edge of sanity by Bomberman, I moved rooms on Saturday, but was woken up at 4 am by a loud boy in the hall, talking with his friend in the common room. Loud, loud, loud. I asked a hallmate why some people were so loud, and she theorized that people from the Midwest are loud because there's a lot of space in the Midwest. That you have to shout across to be heard, I guess.

In any case, this room is much, much quieter, and I am mentally kicking myself for not having moved earlier.