Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I can never get a good night's sleep before the start of anything new, and that includes the start of a new semester. Yesterday being a snow day, today I start the spring term with a full load of classes: criminal law, torts, and legal writing. It's going to be exhausting, even without the dreams of my uncle's wife, with whom our family's relations have always been troubled, wanting the gum I had already tossed into the SUV I was driving with all my stuff across several states, ending up, I believe, in DC. I in fact had a bag of Korean gum in my bag as I talked to my aunt in the dream, and debated giving that to her instead, and ended up not doing so.

Freakin' stupid dreams.

It's blazingly sunny outside, but the wind is kicking up lots of snow. Last night a couple of hallmates went ice skating yet again, and we all learned a couple new things -- I actually learned how to skate backwards. It's astonishing how you pick up things just by being on the ice for a couple hours, things you never learned in all the other times you went skating in your life.

Yes, mom and dad, this is what I have learned at law school.

Off to go return the skates (yes, we have a rink just outside the dorm, and the school rents out -- for free! -- skates. Spoiled with a capital spoiled.).