Friday, April 01, 2005

I’ve had a rather elegant morning, doing some needed correspondence (on real stationery) on an old-fashioned desk with a slanted top. If I had a dressing gown, I’d definitely be swishing around in it. Maybe with a glass of gin in my hand. Just kidding. But not really.

There IS – in the daytime, anyway – a sense of old-fashioned elegance here, from the furniture to the skirts to the set-up and feel of the rooms. Too bad the people running it are such a drag. It could have been a fun experience.

I also seem to have found an open wireless connection from somewhere, so I caught up on some email as well. Love these unsecured wireless connections! Keep ‘em coming, people.

I decided to sleep in a bit today, in a last ditch attempt to rest. This spring break has been somewhat less relaxing than I hoped, mostly due to my inability to stop myself from imagining monsters under the bed and the overhanging guilt about not doing enough work. Life just isn’t meant to be lived like I’m living it – bored and resentful and anxious about schoolwork. I can’t do it this way anymore.

That’s why I’ve decided to drop out of school.

Bwah hahahaha! Check the date, y’all. Hee hee hee! Hoo! Hum. Yeah. I know.

Back to New York today on the 5 pm Chinatown bus, to have dinner with Double M’s family, then a day and a half of more friends and fun until the Return.