Thursday, March 31, 2005

Okay, I’m officially over the Divine Tracy. It’s a downer of a hotel. There is a limit to how many times a day you can be scowled at without starting to feel like you’ve done something wrong just by living.

I’m also weirded out by my own feelings of anxiety and doom each night I retire to my room. I keep thinking of horror movie scenarios and urban legends about axe murderers. Unclear why. But the result is that I haven’t been sleeping well.

Today was rather hopeless in terms of work. I caught up on entries this morning and read one torts case before lunch, and then fled to Starbucks again, where the nice guy behind the counter gave me a medium-sized caramel apple cider but charged me for a small (I refuse to call the small a “tall” – that’s crazy) and brought it to my table. It’s nice to be girl sometimes.

Double M and I were both a little blue today, perhaps because of the grey weather. She also skipped out early and joined me at the ‘Bux, and we then strolled down Chestnut Street all the way back to the hotel. After dumping our stuff off, we charged off to see “Beauty Shop,” in which all the actors were a pleasure to watch, but the storyline was like something out of Screenwriting 000. I also missed a LOT of cultural references, which isn’t surprising.

I think I’ve decided to put away my books for the remainder of the break, and try to relax. I was just SO bored today at Starbucks, reading about the public policy justifications for vicarious liability, that I packed it all away in a huff. It’s spring break, for the love of the Divine Tracy.