Saturday, January 01, 2005

Second day of studying property, and this is how much I hate civ pro -- even though I'm coming up on putting in a 12-hour day on this subject, I'm still pushing toward my goal for today and feeling 1000 percent better than I did when I put in a five or six hour day on civil procedure.

Civ pro sucks.

I suck at civ pro.

I don't suck as much on property. But that does not mean that property will not kick my ass. Because these time-pressured tests really don't test what you know as much as how coherently you can pull things out of your ass in a few hours.

I went out briefly this morning to get my glazed donut and cup of coffee at the Royal Donut Shop, bless them, and haven't been out since. Yes, all day I have been doing property and eating and okay, I watched two episodes of Monk on the USA channel. I love Tony Shalhoub.

My body's been going haywire; yesterday I was sneezing my head off all day inside. I suspected an allergy cropping up (maybe mold from all the rain?) but then I went to the House of the Friends O' Bigbro and it was even worse. I left early (through pouring rain and freeways -- now that was an adventure for someone who hasn't driven in three years!) because my eyes were watering, nose itching, throat tender -- um, -izing, I guess. Dosed myself with a Nyquil tablet and went to bed all sneezy. But this morning? Nuthin'. And all day? A couple sneezes.

And I'm back to waking up every three hours. Even through the Nyquil! It's amazing. My stress, she is freakishly strong. At least I can sort of stay half asleep -- trips to the bathroom are not conducted in blazing dorm hall lights.

All right now, back to leaseholds and easements. Three more lectures to go before I sleep tonight.