Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just a couple degrees...

Yes, it is finally getting to be fall-ish, and deliciously cold here, but I am talking the six degrees kind of degrees, because the guy from whom I bought a lovely little writing desk today via Craigslist is an actor. How fun!

(And the desk is really nice.)

I went to the P'kpsy country house yesterday, where The Ringleted One and I bought some excellent thrift store furniture, enjoyed a meal made wonderful by the company and the super awesome sake-vodka-lime-cucumber-tini (very refreshing), admired some very pretty chef boys in drag at the CIA (Culinary Institute, a.k.a. Hogwarts for chefs), washed the dog, and even squeezed in a mini hike through the beautiful woods of the Hudson Valley. I was sad to come back to the city today.

I've mentioned before some family stuff that has been extremely upsetting to me; after discussing it with BC, The Ringleted One, and Double M, the consensus seems to be that I need to set some internal boundaries on how much I let this stuff upset me, because it's making me so deeply unhappy. This is the advice I would give myself, and it's good advice. So why do I feel so unsatisfied with it? Like I've failed?

Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

No doubt this has much to do with my fancy new bed from Macy's (which still needs to DIE). After all the annoyance of getting it delivered, I wake up every morning with a grimace, because my back hurts! Pain during sleep = poor quality of sleep = less rest than this hk needs = craptastic outlook on life. Sigh. Gotta scope out a new bed. I hate shopping, but it must be done.