Friday, October 12, 2007

Two weeks down, 102 to go!

The mishmash:

1. Ironic, isn't it, that getting my apartment together is causing me more stress than my job right now. And all because Macy's has horrible customer service. On Tuesday, the service rep outright lied and said she'd taken care of the certificate of insurance my building needs before you can move furniture in. On Thursday, I call the property manager to confirm and she says nope! No certificate! I spend an hour trying to get Macy's to send it, and the rep finally assures me it will be faxed later that night or first thing Friday morning. On Friday, I get a call at 2:30 saying that the driver is running late and will be there between 4:45 and 6. My building doesn't allow moving after 5 pm on weekdays -- which I told Macy's five different ways. So -- no bed. Die, Macy's, DIE!

2. I left work at 5 pm today, but I could have left at 4. Ah, the joys of working in a group where the senior-most associates both observe Saturday sabbath!

3. Spent most of today checking cross references in 3 different documents. Document monkeys, that's what they should put on our business cards.

4. Had dinner with Joiner at a French place on the Upper West Side -- muy tasty.

5. Went to a concert of 15th century love songs sung by a couple, one of whom played the lute. Late medieval music! Whoo! It was in St. Ignatius of Antioch Church, and the woman wore a velvet dress, and there was a rose and a goblet of water on the dais. Weird! Cheesy! But toward the end of the concert, I started appreciating the control and artistry of the singing, and the atmospheric venue. How awesome is it that New York has all these old churches and historic sites scattered around town? I do love me that old stuff.

6. DIE, Macy's, DIE!!!
(12/730)