Thursday, October 11, 2007

Work is not fun

That's why they call it work, you know. I was reminded of this when I found myself reading a sentence for the fifth or sixth time because it was incomprehensible legal jargon, which I hate. And I get to read it all day! Whee!

I was placed on a deal yesterday, but thanks to lack of communication, I have no idea if I'm supposed to be managing it or what. On the one hand, another senior associate reviewed my edits and made a lot of changes I would not have known to make (and am not sure the partner wanted to see, to be frank), but clearly didn't want to stay on the deal. On the other hand, the original senior associate said she didn't want to see the edits and to show them directly to the partner. So I did. Whatever.

I talked to Empress Ro tonight, who found New York depressing the first few months he lived here last year. "Get out," he advised. "Don't stay in your apartment, because you'll just get depressed." It reminded me of what BC used to say: "You're not going to meet anyone new if you just stay in your apartment. And if you do, you'd probably better run away!"
(11/730)