Friday, April 13, 2007

Okay. I kind of get it now.

'Cause he calls at 8:30, and I call him back at 10, and we talk for an hour about emotional baggage, family dysfunction, and trust issues. He's got a habit of getting involved with emotionally unavailable people. Like, for example, people who are moving away in a few months, perhaps? I point that out, and he admits that was part of the reason why he brought it up on Tuesday.

So Sweet, Smart Scientist is working on some issues. He's getting help. He's trying to understand some destructive patterns. It's all very earnest and pretty damn admirable. And he says I'm a better therapist than his therapist. Of course I am.

By the way, I know these pages have been very Sweet, Smart Scientist-heavy lately. There are other things in my life besides Sweet, Smart Scientist, some of which are pretty damn interesting, and I will write about them eventually, I swear, but for now, my head's filled with sweet sciencey smartness. Sorry.