Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh, one of those days

Yes, one of those days when nothing in particular goes wrong or can be blamed, but seems just crappy nonetheless. I slept poorly, woke up to an email about the human rights group I'm part of which means the start of a shitload of work I hate doing (legal research), didn't finish reading the 50 pages of dense constitutional law for class, went late to my capital punishment class bc a meeting went over time, and just received an email from Not-Gay Boyfriend suggesting dinner at 5 instead of 6 bc he has to be somewhere else at 7:30. Who eats dinner at 5? Who? WHO? That is just the LAST. STRAW. I get it, okay? I GET IT. You're just not that into me! Kee-rist. Go away, Not-Gay Boyfriend, you're annoying me right now.

Feel icky, tired, brain-dead. Mr. Destroyer has also re-entered the stage, with his McDreamy-like*, false intimacy-creating looks and remarks, and -- go away, Mr. Destroyer, you're annoying me right now.

(What I really need to do is swear off all interaction with all blue-eyed men, apparently.)

Also, I bought a ticket for my mother to visit me during spring break. Why do I do these things to myself? Seriously. I need a drink.

-------------
* Patrick Dempsey's character on Grey's Anatomy, a.k.a. the show that jumped the shark in its second season -- I mean, really, a guy with unexploded ordinance in his chest as the catalyst for Shepherd's revelation about Meredith? puh-leez (and by the way, Shepherd started out totally hot but has degenerated into a two-timing sleazoid) -- but that I watch faithfully bc it has some of the best writing and ensemble acting I've ever seen on a show. Also, regardless of what I just wrote, Dempsey's character is hot. And let's not forget Sandra Oh -- holla, KA sista -- whose character's red hot sexuality is defined separate and apart from her ethnicity in a completely natural and believable way. Go Oh! Okay, I'm either going to take a nap now or run off this crazy mood.