Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Damn. I liked the firm I saw today. The people seem normal and well-socialized, if slightly cautious and passive aggressive. (Hey -- that sounds like me!) I enjoyed my lunch (tuna tartare and lobster ravioli) in Grand Central with the two new associates, one of whom I remember from last year, did mediation, loved employment law and worked at the EEOC, and even did the journal I subcited for last year. Oh, and she's KA. (Cue the Twilight Zone music!)

This firm isn't known for moving associates around, though it's possible if you really want it. And it has a very small project finance practice. And it doesn't practice local law overseas (though it's unclear to me what the advantage is of that -- as one of the partners said to me, why would a French company come to a US law firm for their needs in France?). But the people seem as close to normal as I've seen thus far -- not super intense human rights advocates/ex-Marxist quirks like the firm I saw on Monday, but just smart, motivated people.

Oh dear.