Friday, October 21, 2005

Better today, though still really tired.

Had lunch today with the girl I used to sit next to in Civ Pro and who is in the Legal History class I'm taking now. We decided to try talking about the readings before class next time, to psych ourselves up for talking in class.

I returned the brown Ann Taylor suit I bought last week. Even though I'd snipped the tags off, they took it back, no questions asked. I unsuccessfully looked for another suit. Found a fairly nonoffensive black suit, but it was made out of a marginally weird waffle-patterned fabric. It's like they don't make a simple black suit any more. At this rate, I'll be wearing my blue suit every day next week. I might look in some stores downtown tomorrow.

Joiner's mom is here, and we're talking about going apple-picking tomorrow. When am I going to fit this all in? There's always a surfeit of options here.

Went to see a movie with some sub-section people tonight. Thought the Destroyers might be there, but they weren't. I really need to watch myself with Mr. Destroyer. I was looking too forward to seeing him.

This year is totally different from last year. I barely see people from my old section, I rarely eat in the school cafeteria, I've only gone to the library twice. It's good. One of the folks tonight said flyout week made him sad, because we spread out across the country next week to do our callbacks (yes, we get the whole week off from class to go interview at firms), mirroring the diaspora to come in a year and a half.

Eh. It's not really that sad.