Friday, September 02, 2005

Holy grizzly mamas, Batman! That Anchorage sure did put out a nice day today. Chugach Mountains were perfectly outlined to the east and the Coastal Trail never looked better. This, after a forecast of clouds and rain!

I ran about 2 miles along the trail, further than I've ever gone, and then walked the whole way back, snapping pictures with abandon. Everything has started to change color, or has already changed color, or has died. The pink fireweed flowers are all gone now, and hold only a few cottony seed puffs left. I think I saw one duckling in the lagoon; where the other 11 that I saw in the beginning of the summer have gone, I don't know.

I've got the laundry going now and am chowing down on one of the remaining tupperwares of food I have left: polenta and salmon-fried rice. I'm pretty sick of salmon now -- have eaten it for four meals straight. I think I can safely say I got my fill of it this summer.

Just a couple things to shove into my carry-on (and I pray, pray, pray that everything is under the weight limits), and I think I'll go out to the Beartooth for a final Alaskan Amber.