Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Oh, the horror.

Is over.

1L year is over.

The last final -- she is turned in (5 minutes ago).

Torts, I shall burn you.

And crim. Ah, crim. So grim. So long (8-hour take-home) and yet so short (word limits shorter than the goddam questions).

I feel so shattered for a few hours after these finals. Out of the five this year, I've felt good about two, both first semester. And yet there's no indication that feeling good about an exam has anything to do with doing well on it. Or that feeling crappy about it has anything to do with doing badly (one of my A minuses last semester was on a test I cried about after it was over).

So we'll just bank on that about the awful feelings I have about my exams now.

But oh, the horror. It is over. The soul-crushing, the morale- and morals-drowning, the de-personalization, the infantilization, the terror of Socratic, the learning of the new language, the hiding of the ball, the kick in the nuts to Emotion (delivered by Logic), the boredom, the dorm, the snoredom, the whoredom. (Well, not the whoredom. On Campus Interviewing next year -- and all the better to bring young 2Ls into the corporate fold, my pretty!)

Over.