Monday, April 25, 2005

Sometimes you do what you can and leave the rest to the gods.

After a debilitating afternoon spent in bed, unable to muster the motivation or energy to arise, I finally called Double M, who was able to sympathize me out of bed and into my clothes for dinner at 8 pm. Actually, hunger was also a good motivating factor -- it's hard to mope when you're so hungry you want to throw up.

I'm not sure why today was so hard, but it was. So I went for my usual remedy of pho, over the only reading I could stomache -- selections for my class with Famous Minority Professor that were all about how law school sucks (speak) -- and then treated myself to a smoothie.

While I was waiting for my Strawbana, the president of the mediation program student board walked in, looking for dinner. He offered me a ride back to campus. The president's a tall, nice-looking fella, with a humble and kind demeanor not usually associated with tall, nice-looking fellas. But then I found out that he went through high school being the short, skinny kid, and only got his growth spurt in college. Ah ha! You can always tell those late bloomers from the tall people who have been tall all their lives.

Anyway. I have 3 hours of crim reading that I will have to wake up in 6 hours to do, but hey. You do what you can.

Dilemma of the Day: Am currently considering fleeing to DC for reading period, to be away from the stress factory during the week before exams. But I can't find a ticket under $120. Should I go? Hm...

Oh, and reader thanks for the day: MattSal reports that a number of hk in seoul readers logged into his MusicLab experiment. MattSal gives his thanks, as do I. If you haven't checked it out yet, take a few minutes to listen to and download (legally!) some free music. It'll be your contribution to science for the day.