Friday, May 07, 2004

It's very green here in Seoul; also deliciously cool in the shade and warm in the sun.

Nothing particularly worth blogging about in the past few days, which hasn't stopped me in the past from writing empty fluff, but I'm feeling at loose ends these days and unable to focus. Nina and I went to Namdaemun Market the other day and bargained the price for a cute bag down from 35,000 won to 23,000 won (about USD$20) from a guy who then asked if I had a boyfriend and gave me his number. As I have not had much to report these days, I am actually considering calling him.

The things I do for this blog.

Also, I hate spring.

Fun sidenote: The guy asked if my last name were Park, reason being that his name is Park. Traditionally, people with the same surname and place of origin were not allowed to get married. According to this website, which may be a complete roster of lies for all I know, "today's legal definition of inter-clan marriage is narrowed to those within second cousins in order to minimize the potential constraints incurred by the traditional ban."

Ooh, just remembered two things I wanted to write about, but now have no time to do so. Damn. Okay, I'll jot them down here so I don't forget the next time: Lost in Translation and fitting in.