Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Sickly

It rained on Monday, and caught without an umbrella, I got drenched on the way home. A coworker, who shared her unbrella with me on the way to the subway, said that you really should avoid getting hit by Korean rain.

"Why?" I inquired, thinking of acid rain, pollution, chemicals drifting in from the Gobi.

"Because your hair will fall out," she deadpanned.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure she was joking.

In any case, I started feeling ickly yesterday evening, and have been subpar since then. Ugh. You know when you have no appetite, so you don't eat, and then you start feeling sick because you have nothing in your stomach, but the thought of eating still makes you green so you just lie on your bed wheezing weakly because you don't have the energy to breathe properly? That was me this morning. I know I should eat something, but ... urgh. The only things that sound appealing right now are pizza and ice cream, both of which would be really fun to digest. I can't figure my stomach out. It wants what could only hurt it. Damn you, stomach! Or, er, taste buds, rather!