Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Entries have become rather erratic this week, sorry.

Last term, people kept telling me that there was another Helen in a different class. Same glasses, same hair, same demeanor! they insisted. Besides slightly similar glasses -- just dark plastic frames, as opposed to the light metal favored in Asia -- I didn't see much resemblance, but the "twin talk" led in us meeting briefly last term. We didn't really talk, though, and I sort of wrote her off as one of Those Korean_American Girls (T-KAGs?).

We struck up conversation again earlier this week, and today she came by my classroom and asked if I wanted to have lunch or something. I was absurdly pleased, as I always am when someone evinces the slightest hint of taking pleasure in my company. She's a high school teacher from Canada (why do I feel like this sounds like an intro for a candidate on The Dating Game?) and yes, she does do the Peter Jennings "abewt" (as opposed to "about") thing.

That's all. (Yah, it's true, I don't have anything marvelicious to tell you. Oh wait just a SECOND, though. What about the freakin' dog cafe I went to on Saturday that I've been meaning to write about since, uh, well, Saturday? Where is my brain? Seriously think I may have misplaced it in the airport last vacation, as I am totally losing it. These days, have hit plateau in Korean speaking abilities as well as losing grip on just about everything else. Anyway, need to look over a document now, so can't tell you about dog cafe. Tomorrow. And pictures too!)