Friday, April 18, 2003

Another rainy day

It's one of those nights where you wonder how anyone gets through the terrible, terrible loneliness of it all.

I should probably stop going to movies by myself -- this is the second Friday in a row that I've gone to see a movie alone and then walked home late at night. The sky is that weird light gray color that it gets when it's cloudy and rainy.

I guess this is one of those nights that I warned myself I was going to have. "You're going to hate it at times, Helen," I said to myself as I prepared to leave DC, "so suck it up and remember that this is what you want to be doing. There are going to be good times and there are going to be bad times."

I said this to a wise woman at TPG just before I left, and she said, "You know what, Helen? That's life."

Yeah.