Monday, April 14, 2003

Check out the pictures of Jejudo at ofoto.com. Login as "hkim100@hotmail.com" and put in "hkim100" as the password.
----------------------
Sad, sad, sad. I hate spring.

Reading: Abraham Lincoln and Civil War America, by William Gienapp.

Listening to: Coldplay, Parachutes

Working on: The text for the American Culture book for the Ivy League educational institute. It's freakin' hard to condense my encyclopedic knowledge of America and its culture into text for kiddies. Further reason to hate kids.

Thinking of: John

Trying not to: Cry

Latest laugh: On Saturday, I went to the doctor to see about some mild but consistent back pain, and it turns out that my lower spine is not curving as it should. (No wonder I have no fucking nerve, ha ha. Bad spine! Bad spine!) I'm on orders to get up from sedentary positions every hour to move about, and to get exercise. That's not the funny part, though. That would be when I went to get X-rayed and as I waited, I could hear the nurse yelling at a granny, " PLEASE TURN THIS WAY NOW. GOOD. NO, THIS WAY. NO, THIS WAY." When it was my turn, my dad told the nurse I didn't speak Korean very well, so would she speak a little more slowly than usual, and the nurse yelled very loudly at me, "JUST KEEP YOUR PANTIES ON BUT TAKE EVERYTHING ELSE OFF OKAY" at which I started laughing, as did my dad, who said, "Uh, she can hear just fine, just talk a little slowly, not loudly," to which she blushed and said (in a normal volume), "Sorry, there was a granny here before you, and I had to talk loudly for her, so I just kept going, sorry." Heh.