Monday, October 08, 2007

Second Monday

About two hours of substantive lecturing today about my group, of which I understood very little, since it was mostly on the structures of the complex financing that goes into these real estate deals. Sigh.

However, title reports (title insurance companies produce these as part of the insurance a buyer or seller may purchase in order to insure themselves against competing claims on the title and other bad things) and surveys sound fun! It's always more jolly when there are actual objects in contention.

Tonight - two more containers emptied out. I rediscovered plates and glasses and dishes I haven't seen for 5 years, including some pieces from my and One-Armed Maggie's 1999 trip to an ecumenical retreat in the Burgundy region of France, and a goblet that my closest friends in college got me in our senior year. Also freed Buffalo Bill, a stuffed buffalo from Yellowstone I used to take with me to class in high school, and Moose Malloy, a stuff moose I got ... damn. I forgot where I got Moose. Sigh again. The aged must be forgiven for spotty memories.

(722)