Friday, October 05, 2007

1 week down, 103 to go!

It turns out that being forced to listen to people natter on about subjects you don't care about (swaps and derivatives -- ack! shoot me now!) or that have no relation to your practice area (NY civil procedure -- why? why? why? when there are only 3 out of 40 associates going into litigation?), kinda makes you want to actually start work. Which might be the whole point of training.

Despite the boredom (and without laptops, we couldn't even surf the web!), Week 1 was fine. I learned a thing or two, made a new friend, banged up my knee, got sick from exhaustion, and ended the week over drinks and appetizers with alums from a Big 10 school, one of whom I was genuinely sad to see leave (he's going back to the Hong Kong office).

Tomorrow: bigbro and J1 come to visit my place! (and help me furnish it). It being potentially the only free weekend I'll have for the next 103 weeks, I will have to be efficient and productive.