Saturday, May 28, 2005

It's 3 am on Saturday (is it still Friday night if you haven't gone to sleep yet?) and I've gotten three hours of sleep since Wednesday night and it's all due to that stupid law review competition which all the hallmates and I worked really hard on and we all feel crappy about our final products. But it's in, and the year is really and truly and finally over, and I have 12 hours before a friend picks me up to take me to the airport and I am going to wake up in 6 hours to pack because my room looks pretty much the way it has all year (i.e., LOTS of packing to do tomorrow. Like, the whole room).

In the freakishly coincidental way in which life often plays out, today -- er, yesterday, that is -- was the first day it didn't rain since the competition began. It was actually sort of warm-ish. I'd worn a hoodie and tweed jacket to the copy center in town to make the required copies to turn it, and I took them both off. After turning my stuff in, I lit a cigarette outside and walked to the stairs outside my old room. Sat down and looked at the dorm. Still looks like a prison. But you can afford to be generous when you've gotten out.

The other hallmates went out to their various functions (I find it weird, though, that we all didn't go out together), but I stayed in, feeling nauseated from someThai take-out we'd ordered. Put some books in boxes, read the Wide Gauge collection BC gave me, puttered around. Joiner came back around 1:30 completely tanked, and proceeded to take a very long time to hurl. And then clogged the sink. And then encouraged me to leave when, after the sink would not unclog, I brought in two plastic cups and scooped up a cupful of vomit and water to dump in the toilet and nearly gagged myself. She called me a good friend. I call us anal, but considerate.

And so endeth the first year.