Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Since I've been in Korea, I've been under the weather an oddly high number of times. The illnesses haven't been colds, exactly, or cases of the flu. They're just times when I feel completely and utterly wiped out. Like now, for instance. I'm slumped in my chair at work, and the desk looks like a pillow to me. Someone here just said, "Helen, you're disappearing."

I'm so tired! And this is the third or fourth time in six months (not including the time when I really did have the flu). I don't understand it.

I know I promised more descriptions of Jejudo, but they'll have to wait til tomorrow. In the fresh dew of morning strength, I foolishly made plans to see a concert tonight, which involved inviting my friend Maiko, and so instead of going home like a wise Helen, I'm going to trudge off to the 2003 International Festival of Women in Music Today. They better not be playing any weird experimental crap; I can't hang with that just now.