Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sex and the Crimson City
(not safe for bigbros, obviously)

So the last three times I've seen Scientist, this is how it has gone: He calls. I miss the phone call. He leaves a message. I email or call back. We agree to meet up that night. Due to our schedules, we can't meet earlier than 9 pm. I go to his house. We talk for 10 minutes (optional). We have sex. It's great. He suggests in some way that I am welcome to stay over. I consider and reject the possibility, since I need my sleep. I go home. I sleep soundly.

It's not the healthiest of relationships, if by relationship you mean a series of interactions between two people who enjoy each other's company on multiple levels, with the potential for longterm sustainability. But ... it also seems to be working. I'm busy enough with bar exam studying and funding worries that I don't really want to be besotted with love and obsessed with someone, and I don't really miss him that much the 2 or 3 days between visits. (Hey, I already said it wasn't the healthiest of relationships.)

I'm sort of interested to see how long this can go on without one of us breaking and needing to talk about what it means. I'm also interested in seeing if I can be content with this level of interaction.

It'll be my own little socio-psychological experiment!