Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sleepless

I manage to fall asleep just fine, but I wake up 6 hours later, unrested and generally feeling like crap. Ugh. Decreased mental and motor function, madness, and death to follow, I tell you.

I have 40 pages of a script, and because of my inability to focus (see: lack of quality sleep), I think I'm just going to risk turning in only a pilot episode and a format to my advisor on Friday. I originally thought I would write a pilot and a regular episode, but the pilot alone is going to be 50-60 pages long and somewhere in the area of 12,000 words, plus, the format is another 10 pages and another 2800 words, so ... I think that's enough. God, he wouldn't fail me because I only turned in one episode, would he? Dear lord, let it not be so. I really need to graduate.

I've been focusing on the script and nothing else these past few days, and it's been the funnest work I've done in years. Love. It. It's work, I assure you, and I take it seriously (pages of notes from watching a dozen different TV pilots and shows), but it is the best kind of work possible. Creating imaginary drama for imaginary characters! Whee!