Sunday, February 11, 2007

Working on the weekend

Student org #1 had its training this weekend, so I was on duty for 8 hours yestiddy, and then four hours today, and when I say on duty, I was ON DUTY, like playing roles in the skits, leading discussions, coaching, cheerleading, etc. So... I am a bit tired. Interacting with people is undoubtedly the most tiring activity I engage in. Give me a mountain to hike, and I feel good -- tired, but good. At peace. Give me 8 hours of having to talk and be lively and shit? Usually I'm brain dead and exhausted. Sometimes I'm energized, but it's a kind of strange, buzzy kind of energy, like my brain's on 10,000 espressos.

Fortunately, I also went to the gym both days, and so it's all good. My friend Natasha showed Joiner and me what she's been doing to lose (what seems like) half her body weight over the past year, and some of that shit is good, I tell you. Like that thing where you hang by your forearms and swing your legs up... and that other thing -- the one where you lean over and do sort of backward sit ups to strengthen your back. And the other thing too, the twisty ab torture machine -- god, you know, gym machines are really hard to describe. But they are very helpful in improving one's mental and emotional health.

I've been having IM conversations with my dad on Sunday evenings the past two weeks, ever since I saw him in SF and told him I do all my family talk on Sunday nights. My dad is so freakin' funny on IM. I can't really describe it. It's like the gym machines.

Brain dead, so I'll just leave you with some delicious pics of The Nephew.

The Nephew seems to often have this quizzical, troubled look on his face. My dad says it's because he knows there's suffering in the world, and that means The Nephew might be Buddha. Bwah ha ha ha HA!


But then there are those moments when he looks like a damn Anne Geddes card. And your heart goes "squelch!" and it's all goopy and squishy and fuzzy inside.