Thursday, January 25, 2007

Baby, baby!

It's all baby, all the time here in SF, where The Nephew is sleeping, pooping, and gnawing on mommy's boobs with abandon. Once in a while he wakes up and gives us an opaque look, which MIGHT mean: "This baby business blows. Wake me up when I can lift my head and control my bowel movements. By the way, do the bunny ears on this hat make me look a little... silly? Dang it all, I KNEW it!"

I'm totally useless around the baby, but I'm glad to say that I help out by running errands for the as-yet still young-looking and energetic parents. (Give 'em a few months.) My goodness, this infant thing is all-absorbing. Who knew it was so complicated? Boppies, pumps, latching on -- it's a whole 'nother world.

In other, less life-changing news, I got my grades this week, and -- thank the sweet heavens above -- I got a B+ in everything except my clinical, for which my dear mentor gave me a big fat A. Whee! That's right, B+ givers! Suck it! Ahem.

Seriously, I'm both relieved and cynical about the grades. Relieved because I thought I did quite poorly on both my corporations and my bankruptcy exams; cynical because whatever I do -- read religiously, don't read at all, go to every class, skip three weeks of the most important stuff, cry in my professor's office, never speak to my professor at all -- the result is inevitable and as predetermined as the sun's course in the heavens. It's like Miss D said to me 1L year: "hk, don't stress about class. Go to class, get the hornbook, take the final and collect your B+ with everybody else." Ha! How true.