Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Ringleted One is here, hence the lack of entries. She keeps me hopping. Tonight, for example, we hiked Flattop Mountain from 9 pm to midnight. There was a damn beautiful sunset at 11:30. And we acknowledged the whole solstice thing on the mountain, which was pretty cool. But damn, it was cold. We passed several large patches of snow on the ground.

This past weekend? Denali National Park, home of Mt. McKinley. It rained. We saw several moose and mooselets. We took a shuttle into the park at 6 pm on Saturday and saw a snowshoe rabbit and a moose carcass. Our driver? "I've been driving this route since 2003 and this is the worst day I've ever had in terms of seeing animals. Usually you see a moose or Dall sheep, at least." But our driver? Coolest part of the trip. Used to hop freight trains, and wrote a book (as yet unpublished) called "Hobo Sapiens." You heard it here first.

Oh man, oh man, it's 2 am. I'll have to write tomorrow -- no, TODAY -- about the weekend and various adventures. Oh, but I must say that I finally did something right at work: was complimented on the part of the reply brief that I wrote (for the case before the state supreme court). Supervisor said it was "impressive." Yay! I'm not a total fuck-up.

More tomorrow.