Friday, August 13, 2004

Okay, I'm cheating. I'm updating on Japan but changing the dates so that the entries appear on the days that they're about. (Always wanted to go back in time...)

Today I started the goodbyes. First, my Korean Danish kung-fu master friend. Then a friend from school, on whom I unloaded eight or nine books. Then my final taekwondo class. I'm always in such a good mood after taekwondo. I'll really miss it. People seemed really pleased to see me (it's been three weeks since I last went). They like me! They really like me! And I liked them.

It's really hot here. I wish I had more thoughtful things to say about my final few days in Korea, but between the packing (first priority) and the goodbyes (second priority), I haven't had any time to ponder the significance of everything. Nor to feel sad, for that matter. (Atta girl, brain! Way to shut down those pesky emotions and be efficient!) I think I might have to do all the pondering in Seattle.