Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another Sunday Hike

Buffalo Hill, New Territories. An interesting hike. I like rocky terrain; hate loose rock and dirt. Half of the trail was the first, the second half consisted of the latter. So I half hated it and half loved it. But it was pretty, nonetheless.

One of my favorite hikers, a Frenchman who took a sabbatical to come live with his wife here, snapping a shot:

The city of Sha Tin:


Looking towards the direction of Hong Kong:


So, the hike was interesting, but not as interesting as it could have been (and by interesting in the second clause of this here sentence, I mean disastrous). The dude, despite sending me an email at 3 in the morning saying that he had just come in from a night of gambling in Ma cau, made it to the hike, though I was sure he would not. And the dude's girlfriend did not make it. So my moral inadequacies did not up and smack me upside the head today as I expected.

There were some hi-fucking-larious moments today as related to the dude. My favorite was when, over burgers and beers with the aforementioned Frenchman and his wife, the Frenchman teased the dude, "And during your trip to the States for Christmas, will you also be giving [your girlfriend] a ring?" Mind you, I'm sitting right next to the dude, who (methinks perhaps with a slight flush?) denied he had this in mind.

On the bus home (and again on the street on which we both live), dude asked me ... out, is the only way to describe it, for Tuesday night. Against my better moral sense, I said okay. This time, the WTF applies to me, I guess.