Friday, May 25, 2007

Someone paid it forward... to me!

Sometimes, you just need someone to be nice to you. Like when you're tired and wacked out from lack of sleep, and you haven't opened any of your Barbri books, and you're worried about feuding family factions on graduation day, and you're meeting all kinds of wrongful negativity about funding for your last-ditch effort to avoid corporate law whoredom -- that's when a few nice words really have a huge effect, you know?

So yesterday, two nice things happened. They were small, but I was in that place where everything seemed very big and bad, so the fact that (1) Friend (yeah, that Friend) sat with me at lunch and saw that I was very, very tired, and set out a plan for the afternoon for me and bought me a bubble tea was very, very nice and made me happy. And then (2), when the Neener sat with me at dinner and said, "You're dealing with lots and lots of stressful things, you poor dear. What will make you happier? Let's do that," I looked at her with gratitude, because sometimes you just need some recognition that things are a little bit, just a wee bit, crazy and overwhelming.