Monday, November 29, 2004

I had such great ambitions for Thanksgiving break, but accomplished only about 1/5 of what I hoped for. Oh well. The hall was very quiet and actually very pleasant. Amazing what happens when you have only seven people -- and all quiet ones -- in a space usually occupied by 18.

I finished up my subciting so that was an accomplishment. Made some money editing for a professor in Korea I did some work for when I was there. Watched a movie for my reading group, went to the gym, read some Contracts for this week. And that was pretty much it for the four days. I really should have done my open memo (practice for when you're an associate at a law firm) and my Contracts practice exam (for which I should really review Contracts) and looked for jobs, but it was not meant to be, cherie.

And now, only three weeks left! Of classes, that is, and then a few weeks of "break" during which we'll all be studying and applying for summer jobs, and then exams on Jan. 7, 9 and 12. Not long now, and I suspect it'll fly by. My god, I can't wait for this semester to be over. I can't remember a time where I had so much work to do and all of it boring and most of it very hard to understand.

I'm vaguely feeling okay about schoolwork right now -- I do reading in the mornings and in between classes -- but I'm worried about hunting for jobs (just heard someone say that they've got 125 firms lined up to apply for) and not being able to study efficiently at big bro's apartment. I should have gotten a ticket to come back earlier, I think, so I'd be forced to study. To tell the truth, except for some blue moments at the undergrad library (it seems that the allergy I've picked up here is not just restricted to the law library) and on Thanksgiving day, I enjoyed hanging out with the kids in the hall.

On the other hand, this place is going to be a stress center come late December, when some people are planning to come back, and since I absorb stress like a sponge, I'm probably better off hanging in Cali and emailing people for help. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Okay, it's now midnight and I have gotten very little work done on this open memo. Back to work. Just for an hour.