Thursday, February 12, 2004

Last night stayed up til 2 or so, watching old episodes of Sex and the City, which OCN, the English language cable channel, sometimes shows. Started reading Poland, a James Michener novel that I took from Wendy a year and a half ago. Michener is Da Man!

This afternoon I met with my video teacher, who very kindly offered to meet with me once a week to practice Korean (me) and English (her). Not sure how much it's going to help my Korean. She talked a mite too much for me to practice speaking as much as I need. It's rather a disadvantage in learning a new language when you're not naturally much of a talker.

Still waiting to hear from the KF about working three days a week. Must say, periods of waiting and indecision suck. I am, however, enjoying the afternoon hours of studying in a quiet classroom, either alone or with schoolmates. I'll be sorry to give that up.