Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Job search update

The Foundation called today -- they want me to come back, and as the friend whom I encouraged to apply for that position just wrote and said he'd gotten a choice job in his homeland of New Zealand, there'd be no ethical problems about taking my job back.

Even so, I'm holding out for working only three times a week. Because frankly, the work is mind-numbingly boring. And frankly, because I can.

If they agree to that schedule, I don't think I can resist -- it's twice as much money as the English-teaching gigs, and I'll have the opportunity to teach at my dad's program. I'm signed up to teach an American history class and a conversational English class starting in late March. Goodness. Anxiety. But it'll be a good experience. I think.

Am strangely irritable and grouchy these days. Why? Should probably start taekwondo again soon. I've been putting it off because I feel poor. When I have an income again, I'll go... That's another strike against working for Pagoda, actually -- I can't do taekwondo if I'm teaching from 5:30 to 9:30 every weeknight.

Off to bed. Hopefully will be a bit brighter tomorrow. Maybe if I wear my new boots. Mmmm. New shoes.