Friday, February 14, 2003

Midterm was not that bad, encouraging me to continue my bad study habits. Mwah ha ha ha ha!

On Monday: the writing midterm.
----------------
Today is Valentine's Day ("Bah-len-tah-een-dae-ee" in Korean). In Korea, the card and chocolate and flower companies got together and said, "Hey! What's this with just ONE extraneous, consumerist holiday for our industries? We need another holiday to exploit the peeps. Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!!"

And so White Day was born. White Day is March 14. It's the day when boys give girls presents, because Valentine's Day is when girls give boys presents. I guess it's like Sadie Hawkins day, which was, incidentally, invented by the cartoonist Andy Capp in his comic strip "Li'l Abner" (if the Internet is to be believed).

Okay, I feel a tad guilty because I didn't get my honey something for today, but to be honest, besides the stupid guilt factor if you don't observe the holiday, I have to say, "Hey! Capitalism at its best!" and give props to the Man.