Monday, September 17, 2007

Losing it. That's the only explanation.

The Ringleted One drove into town this weekend to help me look for housing. We met a shady broker, saw an amazing two bedroom apartment in Hell's Kitchen, aaaaand... I decided not to take it. I just had a funny feeling about it, like there was something not quite right about the situation. I was weirded out by the shady broker quoting a rental price of $100 less than the current tenants were paying, and reports of an asshole landlord... I don't know. Maybe I'm losing my mind.

Did I tell you I was assigned to the real estate practice group at my firm? Yes, I actually put this down as one of my preferences, even though I have no idea what this practice entails. I looked at the services offered by the firm after they sent me the assignment and understood nothing of what I read. Sigh. I should have requested employment/benefits. What's wrong with me? I just sent an email to the firm asking if there was any possibility of switching groups, which I know there isn't, since they were very clear about the non-possibility of switching groups after they double and triple-checked with us about our preferences. God. I must be losing my mind.

Well. Off I go to search some more. Maybe I'll find my mind along the way.