Thursday, May 20, 2004

I think I was still intoxicated when I woke up this afternoon at 12. But a very nice, clean non-hangover morning -- er, afternoon -- it was.

I'd like to go to sleep now, but I've got 25 pages more to go on the freelance job I was supposed to turn in today. Sometimes I wonder where all my time goes, and then I realize that I've actually been working a lot, for a supposed 12-hour-a-week worker. I usually work more than 4 hours a day at my day job. Then there's the fact that getting to work takes an hour and 10 minutes each way. If I'm doing freelance work at home, it actually does take me hours and hours to complete each job. It just doesn't feel like it, because I watch TV while I do it, or surf the net or something.

I've been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of a steady stream of freelance jobs thanks to my day job. But between that and the day job and taekwondo, which is a 2.5 to 3-hour commitment whenever I go, time just seems to fly away.

Anyway. Would like to write more but must finish this blasted essay.