Friday, November 15, 2002

Tons 'o work today makes Helen a dull girl. The Foundation newsletter and one of its magazines is going out soon, so much to read and correct. Bluagh.
Tonight I'm having dinner with Wendy, the American girl who lived in China with her missionary parents when she was young. The rest of the class had plans to eat lunch together (after our speaking tests), but I couldn't make it, as I had to come here. :( Oh well.
There's a nasty bug going around. It's already hit three students in my class. But thanks to WS's going away gift (Trader Joe vitamin C pills that each pack a punch of 834 percent of Vitamin C RDA), I have escaped the germs so far.
(Watch me get sick this weekend.)
Hm, what to report about Korea today? Oh, the guys who deliver via motorcycles. Well, first, motorcycles are not considered vehicles here (I guess), so they roar along the crosswalks and sidewalks with the pedestrians. Well, actually, they go wherever the hell they want, much like the bike messengers of DC and New York. Second, now that it's frosty cold out, a lot of them have mittens on. But not just the gloves on their hands. Big oven mitt-like mittens that are attached to the bike handles. Hadn't seen such a thing before. You?