Friday, November 08, 2002

Test went okay. Madly flew through the listening, speaking and hearing tests as they all were quite long. Must improve my reading skills - very slow just now. Problem is taking words in a glance - I can slowly spell out a word by syllable, but find it difficult to comprehend it in one look.
An American navy guy from my first level class (the one I moved out of) called me last Friday night. As I was with friends (drinking makkoli and learning slang), I told him I'd call him the next day. But the next day came and I didn't feel like it, so I didn't call, and now he's acting a bit coldly toward me. Well, I suppose I deserve that. I just don't really want to meet Americans here, not when there are tons of people from so many other places to talk to. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking to the two other Americans in my class, but I don't want to hang out with another American outside of class too much. What's the fun in that?
I am sort of interested in getting to know the American girl in my class - Wendy's parents were missionaries in China for several years before moving back to the States, so I bet she has some interesting stories. It's a bit disconcerting to me when she speaks about god so casually in conversation (as in, "yeah, I was interested in doing that, but God didn't want me to go down that path, I guess"), but I should get over it; there are two nuns and a nun-in-training in my class, as well as a priest and a priest-in-training.
I'll write more about my class and classmates when I have the time; just now I have to finish this essay before I leave for the day. I've also been taken to task by the fabulous T for assuming too much knowledge on the part of the reader, so I will set out the details of my situation here in an upcoming entry.
By the way, if anyone knows how to make this site look prettier, please please please let me know. I know my scintillating prose should be enough, but I can't stand looking at the actual site. Also, currently this site is by invitation only, and I'm thinking about going public. If you have any thoughts, lemme know.