Friday, June 20, 2003

Got a B on my speaking test, which gradewise is fine, but I rated average or below average for my grade level in the various aspects of speaking abilities, which sucks.

Otherwise, did fine -- 55 out of 60 was my lowest score on the battery of tests I took Tuesday and Wednesday.

Am still considering, vaguely, taking next term off.

At the graduation ceremony, a bunch of performances by students. One I liked very much was a traditional dance by three Catholic priests from Kenya. One I thought was hilarious was a short film in which three female students and one male student sat in a row, legs crossed, simply sitting, waiting. Dressed in black and wearing shades, they simply sat for the entire 3 or 4 minutes of the film. About every 20 seconds, the woman on the left end turned her head and asked the woman next to her, "Now?" That woman turned her head to ask the woman next to her, "Now?" And that woman turned her head to ask the man, "Now?" And the man would look at his watch and say, "Not yet." This happened about 6 times. The seventh time, the man finally said, "Now." Whereupon each person uncrossed their legs, set both feet on the ground, and then... crossed their legs the other way.

Brilliant!